Saturday, February 9, 2013

Meta-Trader - NYC

Welcome back, Meta-Traders.

It was another wild week in the markets, with the S&P 500 closing at new highs for the year, and now just spitting distance from all time highs.  My portfolio hasn't kept up due to a few rocky trades this week.  Here are the highlights and low lights:

- Took 2.5 points out of RIMM (now BBRY) buying at about 14 and selling at 16.5 the next day

- Flipped out of recently added positions in DNKN and FDO at a loss, just to watch them rally back the next day

- Took a hit in Catamaran (CTRX) which sold off hard on Friday, but I'm sticking with it for now.  Earnings due out Feb 18th.

- In my TradeStation account, bought the weekly Facebook 28.8 call at about $80 and got stopped out a short while later for a $10 loss

- Also in my TradeStation account, I bought a weekly option in Google for about $680 and solid it for $926 about 15 minutes later! I was risking $40 on that trade and ended up making $244!  That's a 6 x 1 risk to reward ratio which is pretty darn good.  I'm on a roll in that account and now up nearly 5% for the year.

And speaking of TradeStation, I'm really starting to appreciate this platform more and more.  I spent some time learning how to code and test strategies, but I think I will save that for post #3 on my "Range Bands" series, probably tomorrow.

Also, I continue to learn a lot from John Carter and the position in GOOG was somewhat due to his identifying it in the nightly video.  Some people can't help themself but to make loads of cash, and John Carter is one of those guys.  He has many tricks and techniques he uses to make money.  He also has an increasingly large group of people following him, and he does not always join the SimplerOptions trading room which is a bit of a negative.  But when he does join, some explosive trades can happen.

I'm planning on attending the Traders Expo on Monday February 18th where I will be able to see Mr John Carter in person give at talk on one of favorite option plays.  Let me know if anyone will be in attendance and maybe we could get together for some lunch.

As for Forex, it was a decent week and Sunqu is now leading the pack up 5.56% for the year.

That's enough for now, enjoy your weekend and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment