Sunday, February 3, 2013

Meta-Trader - And Justice for All

Welcome back Meta-Traders.

Just a quick post today to let you know I'm still on the job.

This past week I had to report for Jury Duty in the local county court.  I did not get selected for a case, but I fulfilled my duty so I'm off the hook for another 4 years.

If you are not familiar with the the American Justice system, certain types of legal cases are decided by a "jury of your peers."  In this case a group of regular citizens are recruited to hear all of the evidence and decide the fate of the person or case in question.  Its an obligation, but also the price we pay to live in a free and just society.

You may have some questions like - where to the find the Jurors?  Do the Jurors get compensated for taking time out of their lives?  What about transportation costs, parking, etc?  What about time taken away from regular work, is that compensated for?  The answer is in most cases they don't pay for any of that.  Its all out of pocket and costs and time away from other obligations are assumed by the Jurors.

Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I lost about 1 full day (2 half days) out of my regular job.  And had to take half of Saturday to catch up with my regular job.  As a result, I didn't get a change to do any research or development on money and markets.  So my obligations have been in some small way incurred by you all as well.  Its actually pretty impressive how smoothly the Justice system operates.  Now if only the Legislature (Congress) were run by regular people off the street - something might actually get done!

I hope to resume next week once I'm all caught up.  Enjoy the Super Bowl and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment