Saturday, May 5, 2012

Meta-Trader - Its Getting ugly

Welcome back, Meta-Traders.

Things are getting ugly in the world of Automated Forex Trading.  How ugly are we talking about?

Based on some nasty drawdown encountered this past week, I am down about -12% so far on a year to date basis.  Of the 20K invested, I about down about -$2500.

Take a step back and looking at the larger picture, I'm also down from the beginning of my Automated Forex Trading career.  Running the numbers there, I am down about -8% from the start.

Let's start with Atinalla No1. This is the only account which is still in the positive from the start and appears to be holding onto its gains.

Next up is Atipaq Full Portfolio which has been keeping my Forex portfolio positive overall up to now. This past week it continued it spectacular streak of losses, giving up about 10% and is now down about 22% year to date.

Next is Coatl H1 which has been stopped for some time and is now down about 12% since its startup early in 2012.

Next up is Atinalla #3. This account is now down about 12.5% for the year and since inception. This is another disappointment since this account was at a new equity high back in February of this year.

Continuing the parade of ugliness is Atinalla Custom which is down about 27% since inception and about 10.7% for the year.

Last up is Sunqu Live which is down slightly since inception and for the year.

This past week was a decisive one for Automated Forex Trading. Every investment has a loss cut point and overall, I would put that between 25% and 50% of my entire investment before I pull the plug on Automated Forex Trading.

About the only good news is that I hit a new 3+ year high in my equity accounts this past week before selling off sharply.  But I have taken some good profits along the way and I have already booked profits many times larger than what I have lost in Forex.

That's enough for now, enjoy your Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain my friend. The only thing that kept me positive about my Atipaq account was last week Teyacanni on EUR/USD had some screaming good trades (I have it running in the same account).
    Atipaq has given me reason to pause and reflect. So many losses in a row on USD/CHF and being in open trades for AUD/USD and USD/NZD for what was it, more than 7 days.

    I hope things go better.

    JT

    ReplyDelete