Thursday, January 1, 2015

Active-Trader - 2014 Wrap-Up

Welcome back and Happy New Year to my loyal blog readers!

Happy Birthday wishes are also in order since as of today, this blog is officially 5 years old!

Five years is a long period of time to do something for which you don't get paid - and probably never will.  But in my case, the work is its own reward.  And I will continue to share the best of what works in trading and finance with the sole purpose of  making you successful.

Looking back over the prior 5 years, my net worth has roughly doubled over that time period.  Much of that success is due to a rising stock market.  If I can continue that performance over the next 10 years,  I will be well positioned to live happily ever after.

As for performance, 2014 was an average year and I put in about 6.6% in my taxable account and about 7.5% in my retirement account.  I didn't do nearly as well in my active trading accounts in both ThinkorSwim and TradeStation.  But I will continue to work on that and more to come on that topic in my 2015 trading plan post which is scheduled for this upcoming weekend.

As for design and analysis, my biggest accomplishment for 2014 was unraveling the Voodoo Lines indicator. Also, I have made excellent progress on the my version of the indicator for TradeStation which I call Fib Lines.  Look for a post on that in the first few weeks of 2015.

Overall, it was an excellent year and (thanks to an incredibly accommodating US Federal Reserve) a great time to be an investor.

So hear is my opportunity to wish you and your family a happy, healthy, productive and profitable 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment