Saturday, May 24, 2014

Active-Trader - Welcome iPhone 4s

Welcome back loyal blog readers.

Recently, I finally broke down and got smartphones for myself and family of 4.  Up to now, I have avoided it since I could not justify the $250 per month expense.  After all, don't I have enough screens already?

In the end it was a confluence of events, and i'll spare you all the gory details.  The thing that won me over was AT&T's plan where you get 4 lines, unlimited talk and text and 10GB shared date for $160 a month.  That wasn't much more than I was paying for 4 dumb phones from competitor Verizon.

Sometimes I have to get dragged, kicking and screaming into the present and in this case I'm truly amazed at all the things this device can do.  And just to wrap your head around that, here is a partial list:

- Wireless connectivity - WiFi 1x, 3G, 4G and Bluetooth
- E-mail access to multiple web-based accounts, Yahoo, Gmail
- Live TV at home via Optimum App
- Live streaming traffic and weather anywhere via News 12 App
- Web browsing via Safari web browser
- Social media access via Twitter, Facebook and linked in apps
- Live streaming CNBC anywhere via CNBC app and Optimum subscription
- Access to 1000's of movies and TV shows via Netflix
- Access to nearly any radio station around the globe via Radio apps including my favorite local station 107.1 the Peak via their custom apps
- Access to all the Financial Apps, banking, E-Trade, TradeStation, TD Ameritrade, TC2000
- Access to large corporate e-mail, calendar, notes and contacts using Good Enterprise.
- Still and video camera with photo and video capture and playback
- Full mapping with real-time location awareness on a map
- Live video chatting with family and friends with facetime.
- Automated turn-by-turn directions when traveling - no need for a separate GPS device for the car
- Compass for remote navigation
- Save and play an entire music library, 16 GB is a lot of music
- Text messaging to the world

One last thing I forgot, you can use it to make phone calls.

We are living in truly amazing times.  Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment