Saturday, December 3, 2011

Meta-Trader - Blog Updates

Welcome back, Meta-Traders.

The end of the calendar year brings an opportunity to reassess our routines on the lower time frames, daily, weekly, etc. I am convinced that success is the net result of all the little behaviors we do on a routine basis, without having to think about it. Along those lines, I am evaluating my weekly blogging routine.

Every Friday night and Saturday morning, I spend between 2 and 3 hours reviewing the week's news events, and my equity and forex trading. For the most part, it is fun and I enjoy it. But is it the best use of my time?

As it turns out, I'm not that great an equity trader, and my performance is highly correlated with the S&P 500. So does blogging about my equity trading provide any benefit to you, my loyal blog readers? I believe the answer is no. It also can have a negative affect on my own trading because I have to concern myself with whether what I'm saying makes me look smart or dumb, since I'm laying it out there for everyone to see.

On top of that, the weekly up and down, thrill of victory, and agony of defeat takes its toll. After blogging about my Zulutrade experiences for a year, and then this blog for coming up on 2 years straight - without missing a week - I'm ready for a break.

Yes - I am still going to blog. Yes - I will talk about automated forex trading and the equity markets. Yes - I'm still going to post my weekly accounts performance on the right. No - I'm not going to talk about my own equity trading on a per-trade basis. But I will keep an eye on the markets and their performance, particularly as it relates to Forex Trading.

Instead, here's what I'm going to focus on:
  • Original research in Forex Trading including hints, tips, etc.
  • Review of Trading Resources, Books, web sites, anything I find helpful
  • Anything else want to talk about that is vaguely on topic
So for this week's tip, here is what I have:

For those of you trading Asirikuy systems, pay particular attention to the Starting Balance value which appears inside the Experts window. The starting balance is stored in a file underneath the Experts\Files folder in your platform and is named according to the Account Number and Instance ID for that account. The balances can be wrong if you just made a deposit or withdrawal from your account and that could result incorrect lot sizing calculations.

If the balance is incorrect, you have 3 options:
  • Backup the files, then delete them and let them get re-created or
  • Edit the files to adjust the starting value. Leave the other number alone to keep the same balance reset date or
  • Set the UseGlobalBalance properly in your experts to True
One more thing, I'm taking the last 2 weeks of December off from my regular job, and i'm looking forward to some good research and blogging time.

So check back for that and have a great weekend all.

1 comment:

  1. ForexTrendy is a sophisticated program capable of detecting the most reliable continuation chart patterns. It scans through all the charts, on all time frames and analyzes every prospective breakout.

    ReplyDelete