Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meta-Trader - Loaded Long on Tech

Welcome back Meta-Traders.

It was a great week to be both an Automated Forex Trader, and a technology investor. Let's do the equities first, since that's where the majority of the gains came from.

The screaming winner of the week was Amazon.Com (AMZN). Last week's trade buying the stock and selling the August 110 call turned out well. Stock is now up 12 points since entry, and short call is down only 6. Only problem now is that I have to wait until August expiration for the premium to come out of the short call to make the maximum gain on the trade. Of course I would have made more having not sold the call, but I wouldn't have had the guts to be so heavy on the stock without some protection.

My other favorites AAPL and NFLX had great weeks as well with NFLX having the mother of all breakouts on Tuesday. NFLX is now approaching $300 a share as I said on Facebook, if you missed it when it crossed $100, and you missed it when it crossed $200, then now is your chance to get some before it crosses $300. I missed moves in both stocks, but added small positions Friday on the close. Small positions because I'm nearly out of funds and more fully invested than I have been all year.

I also had some good gains in Chipotle (CMG) and Neogen (NEOG). With all that, I've closed much of the gap with the SP-500 and i'm up just about 7% for the year in equities which is not bad. Check out the way the market reacted off the move to negative territory set a short 3 weeks ago. Also, observe how fast it came back which is a very bullish sign.

On the Forex side, it was a fine week as well with positive results in all accounts except for my own FX-Regression. The only account that hit a new equity high was Forex4You Challenge which is running the Atinalla #4 with Sapaq modifications from Asirikuy.com.

On the subject of Asirikuy.com, we had nice performances from every system. I'm not going to go through them individually, but here are a few highlights.

Atinalla #3 had a nice reaction off a recent equity low and shot up nearly 5% on the week. It also went out with some nice unrealized gains. Its worth pointing out that I got a comment from Daniel on my post A Greek Tragedy a few weeks back which I didn't see due to Google's Spam blocking feature. It clearly wasn't spam, but anyway, he pointed out that performance if this account does not match the other accounts on Asirikuy and to check the settings. I will do so and report back probably tomorrow.

Another standout was Atinalla #4 which had a nice string of winning trades punctuated by a long EUR/USD that didn't work out on Friday.

Overall, I did the math and i'm up about 25% for the year across all Forex accounts which is well on the way to my 30%-60% goal. I really owe most of the success to Daniel Fernandez at Asirikuy. So Daniel - keep the great work!

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time for robot's development lately, but perhaps that's best left to the professionals.

Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment