Saturday, June 5, 2010

Meta-Trader - Weekly 'Bot's Update

Welcome back Meta-Traders. Here's my weekly update of forex robot's trading action.

On the global macro side, EUR/USD melted down on Friday after the jobs report, taking out the recent low at 1.2150 settling at 1.1965.

There are some reports that EUR/USD could reach parity with the USD in the next few months which now clearly seem possible. EUR/USD is now down a stunning 31% since its high made late last year and a move to parity is only another 16% from here. So how did our robots make out?

I'm happy to say that all of our robots took home some pips this week.

Megadroid Demo continues to be king of the hill and took home in 11 pips in 2 trades. Megadroid demo broke the 30% mark this past week and is now up 30.6% for the year.

Megadroid Live took the same trades as MD Demo, but I had a minor repeat of last week's "Forex Night Sweats" episode where the live account was on the edge of going into drawdown while the demo account escaped with a 1 pip gain. I waited it out for several hours and almost closed the trade manually, but the trade eventually came back and took one pip on the "Exit with any type of profit" clause of the Megadroid exit conditions.

God's Gift GBP/USD brought in 39 pips and broke the 20% mark this past week and is up an impressive 22.6% for the year.

God's Gift EUR/USD brought in 56 pips, recovering somewhat from last week' 70-pip drawdown. GG EUR/USD is up an impressive 15.1% on the year.

Recall that you get the God's Gift Robots for under $20 here Daniel Fernandez E-Book which continues to be one of the great, under-appreciated bargains in the Meta-Trader industry. I am still working my way through the second half of the book and will be posting some reviews of the other robot's in the Watukushay series if they look promising.

A few other housekeeping items:

1) My issues with Megadroid incorectly calculating lots sizes (remember Megadroid - Watch for sudden acceleration) resolved itself with a simple restart of the platform and reboot of the computer. Its a lesson I learned 20 years ago from the pc industry - when in doubt reboot!

2) The folks over a Clickbank gave me no problem whatsoever with the refund on Forex Maximizer and Megadroid Pro. In the request I included links to the MT4stats page showing the actual robot's performance over the past 2 weeks. So I think it helps to have evidence of any claims you make with Clickbank and with credit card purchases in general.

The Clickbank refund episode has actually emboldended me to buy try buying new robots - because if they really stink, I can get a refund.

I'm also continuing to follow the work of Daniel Fernandez since I think there is some additional gold to be mined in his e-book and on his web site. Its funny because with a little bit of marketing he could be charging 5 times as much as he does for his robots and they would still be better than 90% of the other robots in the industry!

Check back later for more cool stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Chris,

    Thank you very much for your post and for your kind words :o) I have to say that the best and most honest publicity is word of mouth and I am absolutely glad you like my work and consider it worth recommending in such an open way. I hope you enjoy the rest of the ebook and the other Watukushay systems. Watukushay No.2 is also a very good system which has one of the most solid trading tactics I have developed trhough the years. I have to confess that the whole Asirikuy website has made me delay ebook updates but I promise I'll get there this year :o).

    Regarding performance, I am glad that the experts - all of them - did pretty well this week. I am glad that the God's Gift ATR is showing its capabilities on your demo trading accounts. Certainly I am doing efforts to improve this system and hopefully we'll be able to have important improvements before the year ends. It is also a good place now to say that the God's Gift ATR has important periods of expected draw down so these results should not be taken to compute monthly or yearly profit figures. Again, long term statistically significant results are needed for this. It is absolutely vital to say this, specially when systems are doing good :o)

    About the refund. I am glad you were able to get that refund with no problems :o) However I have to give you a warning regarding this "buy and refund" tactic which of course has problems when you get past a certain number of refunds. People have complained that after 5-7 refunds the people at clickbank start to refuse to give them to you since they start to think that you are a "serial-refunder" given the fact that "not all products can be that bad". I guess they don't know this industry that well ? ;o)

    By the way, thank you very much for saying that I could charge 5 times more. I will not become an evil marketer ;o) but I greatly appreciate the fact that you say that since it means you consider the ebook much more valuable that its price tag.

    Thank you very much again for the weekly update and for your kind words about my ebook and experts. I hope you consider joining Asirikuy :o)

    Best Regards,

    Daniel

    PS : I am still eager to see some system development from your part :o) the horse-race stuff is cool but again, it is much cooler to see system development we can discuss ! Only a suggestion ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel-

    Thanks very much for the comments.

    Understood that all systems can have extended periods of flat and sometimes down performance.

    The fact that all the systems are tracking are up now is at least somewhat due to the fact that I dump bad systems that don't have good results. But in this case, I picked these systems 6 months ago, and the fact that they are all doing well 6 months later says something.

    Also, understood about the "Serial refunders". I find that most commercial EA's are not much better than those you can get for no or low cost. The amount of work it takes to evaluate them (back and forward test) is the same whether you get them for low or no cost versus $97.

    Understood about the system development. Wish I had all the time to spend working on this stuff that you do. Cheers and thanks again for the comments,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete