Saturday, May 15, 2010

Meta-Trader - Forex Maximizer Back Test results

Welcome back Meta-Traders.

Let's take a look at back-test results for Forex Maximizer. I found out about this robot from an e-mail I got this past week from the guys over at Forex Megadroid. I took a further look because:

1) I want to start following more systems on this blog

2) I trust the guys over at Megadroid to pick good robots

3) It offered a free bonus of Megadroid Pro - a reworked version of Megadroid that trades on 4 different currency pairs.

I sprung for the $97 figuring that the Megadroid Pro must be worth the price alone and they said in the e-mail that they would soon be charging $600 for the Megadroid Pro. Of course I had to hurry since it was a limited time offer - you know the drill.

Also, I bought the robot through Click-Bank with the understanding that I have a 60-day conditional money back guarantee. Not sure yet what are the conditions but I may find out soon!

Anyway, Forex Maximizer runs on the GBP/USD pair only on a H1 time setting.

As you can see above, the 2010 and 2009 results were spectacular with profits more than 4 times drawdown. But prior to that, it was a looser. So much so in fact that over a 10-year period, the average profit was 1/4 of the average drawdown! So this is clearly not a long-term profitable system, at least from the perspective of the back test.

What about parameters? Do the inputs need to periodically re-optimized? I took a look at the robot inputs and all I could find was:

Lot Size, Magic Number, TradeCommentLong, TradeCommentShort, Start Hour and End Hour.

No lookbacks, Moving Average lengths or anything like that.

So to summarize, this robot appears to be highly optimized to show profitable back-testing for 2009 and 2010. It may make money for a time going forward with a live account. But am I willing to risk my real money on this system? Not a chance.

What about the Megadroid Pro? How did that back test?

Come back later for back-test results on that robot.

2 comments:

  1. Well... round about every blog posts online don't have much originality as I found on yours.. Just keep updating much useful information so that reader like me would come back over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get daily ideas and guides for generating $1,000s per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
    SUBSCRIBE NOW

    ReplyDelete